The Fair Processing Notice is intended to inform you about the type of patient information that GP Practices hold, how that information might be used, with whom we may share that information, and how we ensure it is kept secure.
Data Sharing Measure in relation to the COVID pandemic
1) The secretary of state has served notice under the Health Service COPI (Control of Patient Information) Regulations 2002 to require organisations to process confidential patient information during the COVID Pandemic and these measures will remain in place until September 2020. In addition, aggregate data which supports the planning and delivery of health care during the COVID pandemic will be processed securely through the Whole Systems Integrated Care database. Any such data will be formally identified as COVID related and used only for this purpose until Sep 2020.
2) Primary care staff across each CCG will be able to access your full medical record without consent during the COVID-19 pandemic but will only do so when this is necessary to provide you with care. They will be required to use a smartcard which confirms their identity, and which limits their access and actions to those appropriate for their role. They will all have been trained to understand their professional and legal responsibilities in providing you with care. Access to records by trained clinicians will be made available for example when patients:
- are asked to present to the Respiratory Hubs offering care for COVID related illness
- are directed to other hubs based services for routine face to face, or telephone or video consultation
- require community visiting services
3) The extension to smart card permissions is currently limited to CCG wide sharing, but in the event of the pandemic escalating we have taken measures to implement NWL wide sharing and will notify patients through this Fair Processing Notice, should that need arise.
4) The government have requested reinstatement of the “break glass” facility” previously available in TPP clinical systems so as to allow a declared access to patient records in the event of an emergency.
Updates to Summary Care Records
Fair Processing Notice
GP Practice Transparency Notice
- Your Personal information Choices – content.digital.nhs.uk/yourinfo
- How information is used – content.digital.nhs.uk/article
- Review of health and care data security and consent – www.gov.uk
- Records management code of practice for health and social care – www.gov.uk
- Fair Processing NHS England – www.england.nhs.uk
- The information Governance Review – www.gov.uk
- NHS Choices – Your health and care records – www.nhs.uk
- Disability Access
- Freedom of Information
- Privacy Statement Policy
- GP Earnings
- Infection Control Statement
- Named GP
- New Patient Policy
- Non-NHS Work
- Statement of Intent
- Summary Care Records
- Suggestions, Comments and Complaints
- Training Practice
- Your Rights and Responsibilities
- Zero Tolerance